Monday, October 13, 2014

Birchbox October 2012 - Unboxing

I received my Birchbox on 10/11/14, delayed by 1 day due to construction on my street. The theme for this month is Obsessions / Fandom, where the Birchbox staffers and editors share their passions and want the subscribers to share theirs in any number of ways online. These products are supposed to be some of their favorites.

L to R: Shower Gel, Eye Liner, Lip Cream, Eye Cream, Fragrance

Balance Me Wonder Eye Cream – I am always interested in trying out new eye creams, so I'm looking forward to this one.





Dr. Lipp Original Nipple Balm for Lips – After the kiddo finished giggling about the name, I did put the tiniest amount of this on my lips. It spread very easily and evenly and kept my lips moisturized for quite a while. I'm just not quite sure yet what makes this different than, say, Aquaphor.


Essential Elements Wake Up Rosemary
Shower Gel – The kiddo and I both enjoyed the smell of this very much. Even though it says it is rosemary shower gel, you can really smell the mint in it more. I can see this really waking you up in the morning, but also calming you down at night before bed.


Harvey Prince Petaly Noir – Whenever I get a perfume sample on a card, I always spray it on the card to sample it. I did that this time and was totally overwhelmed with just a single spritz. This is a very heavy, very floral fragrance. It did seem to mellow out a little as time went on, so I will give it a chance at least one day this week, but it is not the type of fragrance I usually go for.



Lord & Berry Paillettes Glitter Eye Pencil in Black – This is a small sample of a black glittery eye liner. It's very cute, but that also makes it hard to work with. Also, black is pretty much the only color eye liner I don''t use, so I don't know how much use this will be to me. I may give it a shot, though, since the sparkle in it, with a light hand, might be able to come off as more of a gray, a color I do wear.

After I test these samples, I'll post some reviews, or at least include my thoughts in a future empties post.

*Note: My camera is not the best, so aside from the box picture, all others are taken from the company websites.

No comments:

Post a Comment