Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Review - Benefit Majorette


If you read my Sephora Haul October 2014 post, you know a bit about how I came to have this blush.  
As a recap:
  • This cream-to-powder pink/peach blush is a new product from Benefit. Benefit had beauty associates in-store to assist and push product, which was actually very helpful. I am not a fan of powder blushes and currently only use a gel blush, The Balm's Stainiac, so I was very skeptical. But since this is a cream, this is very easy to apply and blend without brushes, which I prefer. The person helping me was also kind of floored when I told her that I had never used bronzer before, so she applied their Hoola bronzer and actually instructed me on how to use it. She also showed me how to apply highlighter since I would be receiving a sample if I pursued the special deal they were running.
Here's what Benefit Cosmetic's website says about Majorette:
Why we love it!
Pep, poise & popularity! Majorette is your cream-to-powder booster blush. Wear this peppy pink-peach shade alone or under your favorite blush for an instant “pep-up.”
How to apply
To amplify your natural flush, twirl with fingertips and blend onto the apples of your cheeks to look pom-pom pretty! For extra pep and staying power, wear majorette under your favorite Benefit Box o’ Powder.

I've been using this blush almost constantly since I bought it, and for someone who rarely wears blush, that's saying something. I have to purposely stop myself from using it so that I can try out other products. This adds just the perfect touch of color to my face so that I don't look overdone regardless of how much I add. I can wear it no matter what else I am using on my face, be it a medium coverage foundation or a sheer tinted moisturizer which allows some of my natural redness to show through.

This is one of the easiest makeup products I apply. I personally use my fingers to take some product from the package and apply to the apples of my cheeks, although I know some people use a brush. I am sad, though, because that may have caused the beautiful sun imprinted on the cream to wear off faster. I haven't tried it under any powder blushes since I don't currently wear any.

And the scent! I've seen other bloggers and YouTubers say that it is supposed to have hints of, I believe, pomegranate and peach. I personally don't get that, but rather orange, maybe tangerine. No matter what it actually is, it is delightful! I have made everyone willing, and some who are unwilling, smell this because it is just that good.

I guess my only real complaint about this product is the price. At $28, it is more than I am usually comfortable paying for makeup. But there is just something about this that I haven't been able to find anywhere else.


Will I repurchase? Maybe. I definitely want to, but I hesitate because of the cost. If I find a good dupe, then maybe not.
Have you tried Majorette?  What did you think?

*Photo from the Sephora website*

No comments:

Post a Comment