Saturday, October 18, 2014

Ipsy October 2014


This month I received my first Ipsy bag! I decided to try out this monthly beauty subscription based on the internet reviews I saw and read. So after being on the waitlist for about 2 months, the first shipment finally came. There was supposedly a way to skip the waitlist by sharing the Ipsy information on various forms of social media, but since I don't currently have Twitter or Instagram accounts, that option wasn't available to me.

For any of those who don't know, Ipsy is a monthly subscription service that sends 5 samples and/or full-size beauty products to their subscribers each month for $10 USD. What makes Ipsy different than, say, Birchbox, is that the products come in a makeup bag each month.

This month's theme is Beauty Candy. When I opened the pretty pink bubble-wrap shipping envelope, I found the bag and a card. However, unlike Birchbox, the card does not describe the products, but rather is just a generic postcard going along with the theme advising you to advertise on social media.

The bag itself was very cute, and the kiddo has already laid claim to it. It is made of teal vinyl embossed with a quilted pattern. The zipper closure is located a small way down the front surface. 

Inside were 5 products, which by initial glance looked like 1 full size with the rest samples. After looking into it a little more, I learned that 2 of the products were actually full size.  (The bag looks like it's a different color because of a lighting change.)

The products I received were:

Albertini’s Warm Love Pumpkin Exfoliating Mask → sample
This smells like pumpkin pie, with cinnamon and nutmeg coming through. The tube seems to be fairly full, so we should be able to get several uses out of it.

Figs & Rouge Shea Butter Enriched Limited Edition Hand Creams in Rose Berry → full size of this scent
I was somewhat surprised to find out that this product was the full size. Then again, it is a limited edition product. It smells lovely, nice and fruity but not overwhelmingly.

Indie Lee’s Brightening Cleanser → sample
This sample comes in a clear tube, which is nice because you can tell just how much product you have left. The scent is hard to describe yet delightful. It smells sweet, a little fruity but I can't identify the specifics.

Skone Cosmetics TATTOOED Waterproof Eyeliner → full size
I didn't actually open this one because I plan on giving it away. Black eyeliner just doesn't work on me, so hopefully my sister will enjoy this.

Starlooks Lip Gloss in Guilty Pleasure → sample
This is a light pink color and smells like marshmallow. It is a very small sample. Because it is square, the kiddo thought it was a Smashbox gloss before we opened our bag.

I have not yet had a chance to try any of these yet. I'm sure I will be doing either reviews on these or commenting on them in an upcoming empties post.


Overall, I'm pretty pleased with my first bag and look forward to seeing what will come next month.

*Note: All pictures except the bag and collection were taken from the Ipsy website.


No comments:

Post a Comment