Monday, October 20, 2014

Sephora Haul October 2014

While I was spending money on beauty products, I thought I should try to get some foundation that was actually appropriate for me. Every time I try to pick out foundation on my own, it winds up being either too orange, too pink, or makes me look sallow.



I discovered that Sephora has a ColorIQ system that will tell you exactly what foundations are best for you so never wear the wrong foundation again. So the kiddo and I went off to Sephora to have our ColorIQ tested and to scope out some foundation.

We did get our readings and I got some samples as noted below. There was also a Benefit Cosmetics special going on, so there were brand sales associates on site particularly knowledgeable on their products. I had been scoping out some Benefit products anyway, so after making my way through the store I wound up at their display.

Benefit Majorette
  • This cream-to-powder pink/peach blush is a new product from Benefit. Benefit had beauty associates in-store to assist and push product, which was actually very helpful. I am not a fan of powder blushes and currently only use a gel blush, The Balm's Stainiac, so I was very skeptical. But since this is a cream, this is very easy to apply and blend without brushes, which I prefer. The person helping me was also kind of floored when I told her that I had never used bronzer before, so she applied their Hoola bronzer and actually instructed me on how to use it. She also showed me how to apply highlighter since I would be receiving a sample if I pursued the special deal they were running.

Benefit Fake Up
  • I have been looking at Fake Up for a while now but read and heard mixed opinions about it. So while I had the help of the beauty associate specializing in Benefit products, I asked her for her opinion on concealers. She showed me Boi-ing, Erase Paste, and Fake Up, and we tried out the latter two since they were the least likely to settle into creases. Erase Paste was on one eye and Fake Up was on the other. Between her, me, and the kiddo, we all agreed that Fake Up was the way to go. And I must say, my under eye area stayed moisturized the rest of the night.



Benefit Bonus Sample Pack
  • They're Real Mascara
  • Posie Balm
  • Watts's Up!
  • Cyndibands
    • Sephora was running a special deal on Benefit products, which was fantastic since I LOVE Benefit. Almost everything I've tried from this brand has been great. The deal was that if you purchased 2 or more Benefit products you received several Benefit samples and a hair tie. The star of these samples is the Watt's Up!, a facial highlighter. This sample is huge! I expected it to be a quarter of the size at most. The woman who helped me with the products mentioned that other peoples frequently asked for the sample size of this product to be sold, and now I understand why. The Posie Balm and mascara were both products I tried before with mixed results.


Samples from ColorIQ
  • Benefit Big Easy in Light/Medium
  • Hourglass Hydrating Base Serum Primer test
    • The kiddo and I went to Sephora to have our ColorIQ checked. I had a very good feeling that I have been using the wrong color foundation. Turns out that I have. Anyway, this was one of the matches Sephora found using their technology. The beauty consultant there used these products on me, then gave me samples so I can try them at home.

Sephora 10HR Wear Perfection Foundation in Color 12 Light Ecru
  • The kiddo and I went back to a different Sephora the following day because once I went home and entered my ColorIQ number given to me at the store on Saturday, I thought it was incorrect. So we went back and I got tested again, and was also able to get colormatched to this foundation. Color 14 was also a very close shade, and going into summer it may be better. I was advised to go with the lighter shade for now because we are heading into winter.

The Original Beautyblender
  • The Beautyblender was used on me when the Benefit Big Easy was tried on me on Saturday. I did some research into alternatives and found that most people found that they did not compare favorably to the original, so I decided to shell out the money.  So far, I understand why this is so well loved in the beauty community.  It is very easy to use, even for relative novices.  I may pick up some knock-offs to compare.

Samples

  • Versace Bright Crystal fragrance
  • Bare Minerals 5-in-1 BB Advanced Performance Cream Eyeshadow Broad Spectrum SPF 15 in Barely Nude
  • Sephora Instant Depuffing Gel
    • These were all free samples provided by Sephora with my purchase. So far I've tried out the eye shadow and Depuffing Gel. I've liked the eye shadow but was a little surprised how matte it was. The Depuffing Gel really doesn't do anything for me. I don't see any depuffing, nor do I feel it doing anything.
Stay tuned for Part 3, Ulta.

Are there any Benefit products that you love?  Any I should try out?

*All photos are from the Sephora website.*

No comments:

Post a Comment