Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Harold

View Date: 8/23/09

This film stars Spencer Breslin as a teenager who has premature male pattern baldness and has been bald for years. He is routinely mistaken for a grumpy old man, not just for his baldness but also his choice in clothes and his mannerisms. He begins attending a new high school after his mother accepts a job in a different town. There, where no one knows him, he is ridiculed mercilessly. He befriends his school's janitor, played by Cuba Gooding, Jr.

My daughter and I watched this film together, and both enjoyed it. However, now that I am writing this up quite a bit later, I am having trouble remembering anything really about it. I can picture the cover picture, but can't recall details. As mentioned above, it was enjoyable while watching it, and the story did a good job showcasing the horrors of teens who are different.

10 words or less: Enjoyable but not memorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment