Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Rock Hard: The Dewey Cox Story

View Date: 8/18/09

This movie, featuring John C. Reilly, is the farsical tale of a musician's rise and fall in the music industry. It touches on several cliche's and stories made famous by the likes of Elvis, Jerry Lee Lewis, Johnny Cash, and the Beatles. In fact, several of these artists make "cameos" in the life of Dewey, with often hilarious results.

I really didn't want to see this movie, and only watched it because it was ending its run On Demand and on instant Netflix viewing. Yet now, I am so glad I did, and have raved about it to several people. I was laughing so hard I couldn't breathe, even in the first 5 minutes. The music was quite excellent, and the "apperances" by the more famous musicians (as played by actors with a lot of name dropping) had me rolling. To top everything off, the movie actually gave a rather detailed musical history lesson from the 1950's until now.

10 words or less: So glad I actually watched this. Time well spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment