Thursday, December 3, 2009

New Moon (movie)

View Date: 12/1/09

This movie is the sequel to Twilight, based on the Twilight series of books by Stephanie Meyer. I don't want to give too much away, so I'll be brief during my descriptive section. It deals with lost love, very close friendships, and local legends. It introduces us to a new side of the local Indian tribe as well as the oldest coven of vampires.

I absolutely loved the books, and just couldn't put them down. Now, to be honest, I didn't really like the first movie. I didn't like Kristen Stewart in Twilight, and I didn't see the chemistry as much as I felt in the books.

This movie, on the other hand, I felt that the actors had really grown into their characters more. Taylor Lautner was excellent as Jacob, and Stewart seemed more at ease in her role. Robert Pattinson was very good at brooding, but was rather awkward at most other times. He did do a nice job when he was allowed to talk without having to be growly. I also really liked the close of the movie, and thought it was a good way to get people back for the next one. Overall, while not one of the best films of the year, I'm glad I saw it in the theaters.

10 words or less: Shirtless wet Wolfpack bodies on the big screen. YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment