Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Scarpetta

Author: Patricia Cornwell
Completed: 11/8/09

This book is focused on Kay Scarpetta, a medical examiner who is specifically requested in a case. She is dealing with various personal issues and is faced with several of the people involved. This is one of the most recent books in a series revolving around this character. However, this is the only one I have read.

I was recommended this book by my mother. After I got about 10 pages into the book, I started asking if it was part of a series because it felt like I was missing pieces of the story, particularly in reference to Scarpetta’s past. If I had looked it up earlier and found that it was part of a series, I probably wouldn’t have read it when I did. That being said, I was able to follow pretty well.

The story was well contained in this book. Even though there were references to circumstances from previous books, there was enough background provided in the story that I was able to gather what had happened and how it related to the present tale. This was a long book at 600 pages, but once the investigation really got going it was able to hold my attention pretty well. I’m not sure if I’ll read the others in the series, but this wasn’t a bad book on its own.

10 words or less: May have been better if I’d read the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment