Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Then She Found Me

View Date: 10/17/09

This is a combination movie that includes romantic comedy, pure comedy, and drama all rolled into one. It stars Bette Midler, Helen Hunt, Colin Firth, and Matthew Broderick. Midler is a TV personality who goes searching for her daughter she had given up for adoption over 30 years ago. Hunt plays said daughter, who is in the middle of a mid-life crisis and this news adds just more strife to her life. Broderick and Firth are both love interests of Hunt.

I really liked this movie at the time I watched it, but it hasn't stuck with me since then. The story was cute and rather unique in today's cinema. It wasn't a rewritten classic, nor was it cookie cutter in plot. And it even had a twist at the end, which I am finding more and more unusual in modern comedy. As I went back to try and remember what this movie was about, I remember it fondly. However, I did have to look it up to try to remember it at all.

10 words or less: Unique yet still forgettable.

No comments:

Post a Comment