Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Women

View Date: 11/2/09

This movie is about a group of women who are each dealing with major life situations. Meg Ryan stars as a woman who's husband cheats on her with Eva Mendes. She loses her job, and loses herself in the process. Annette Benning plays her best friend with no family to speak of who is in serious trouble at work. Next up is Debra Messing who is a housewife who already has 4 young kids and is pregnant again because they keep trying for a boy. Finally, Jada Pinkett-Smith stars as a Lesbian who acts as a kind of conscience when she is on screen.

This movie was totally panned by the critics, but I got some good chuckles. This movie was somewhat predictable, but shortly before the ending I received a bit of a surprise. While this wasn't the best movie I've ever seen, it was a pretty good chick flick. It had some laughs, it made me cry, it made me want to throw things at my TV. I may even watch this again if it's on, but I probably won't go seeking it out.

10 words or less: Not as bad as the critics said.

No comments:

Post a Comment