Saturday, August 15, 2009

Armageddon

View Date: 8/15/09

This movie is about a group of off-shore drillers who get tapped by NASA to save the planet. They are chosen because an asteroid is hurtling toward Earth and the plan if to drill into the rock and plant a nuclear bomb. This is done to split the asteroid in two which will allow the pieces to pass past the planet without inflicting damage.

I'm sure most people have seen this movie, as it came out over a decade ago. I was able to catch it on TV on one of the movie channels, and caught it at the perfect time. I love the part when they bring the group into NASA and put them through the tests for space travel. Basically the whole part between Harry first being approached by NASA and them leaving for space is hilarious.

Love the suspense, love the humor. The actors they scored for this film are top rate, even if it was just as most were becoming big. I have probably seen this movie close to a hundred times and enjoy it every time. I'm sure I will see it much more in the future.

10 words or less: Should be on everyone's must-see list.

No comments:

Post a Comment