Sunday, August 2, 2009

The Ten

View Date: 7/21/09

This is an independent movie based on the ten commandments. It is filled with small vignettes for each commandment using some well-known actors with a narrator/emcee going through his own problems between segments. Eventually, the narrator also appears in a commandment piece. The characters become interwoven, and finally all get together for a huge song number at the end.

I liked this movie. I thought it was a very interesting concept, and really liked the actors involved. I originally chose this movie because of Paul Rudd, but it also starred Winona Ryder, Jessica Alba, Famke Janssen, and Gretchen Mol. The song and dance number had me rolling, and I got a few chuckles out of the vignettes as well. I've liked Paul Rudd for years, and his being the narrator was wonderful. While this wasn't the best movie I've ever seen, it was a fun movie that I've recommended to several people. It was also another ThinkFilm production, which have been interesting movies to say the least.

10 words or less: Great cast in an enjoyable indie flick.

No comments:

Post a Comment