Thursday, August 13, 2009

The Gamers: Dorkness Rising

View Date: 8/2/09

This movie is about the uber-geeks known as gamers. These are the guys (and girls) that play things like Dungeons and Dragons after working all day in comic book stores. I know that sounds very sterotypical, but it also is seen in one character in this flick.

A group of gamers get together to participate in a new game being developed by one of the group members. They keep getting stuck during the game, so the developer brings in another player which brings more life to the group than anticipated. The film then alternates between the real world and the game world with the same actors playing roles in both arenas. They proceed through the game, with all of the trials and tribulations encountered in the story.

This movie was hilarious. Just downright laugh-out-loud funny. It took a little while to get into it, but I was also really tired when I first started watching. Once I picked it up again, I couldn't rip my eyes away. This could become a very quotable film, and I will definitely remember it for quite some time. This should become a new cult classic.

10 words or less: Everything's better with pirates.

No comments:

Post a Comment