Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Nights in Rodanthe

View Date: 7/27/09

This film stars Diane Lane and Richard Gere as adults who come together at a bed and breakfast in North Carolina. She is tending the inn for her best friend, while he is the only guest. As they are the only two staying at in the large house, and it is quite far away from all other people, they get to know each other. Eventually, they truly connect during a hurricane. The two stay in touch through letters even after they go their separate ways, their love deepening with time. There is an unfortunate twist at the end.

This movie is based on a Nicholas Sparks book, and this was the first adaptation I saw from one of his works. I didn't realize just how gut-wrenching it would be. I was absolutely sobbing for the last half hour. I thought the movie could have been a lot better. Actually, I expected a lot more from this movie after seeing the trailers and really wanted to see it. It definitely did not live up to my expectations. I will not be seeing this again.

10 words or less: Not a good movie for these wonderful actors.

No comments:

Post a Comment