Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The State

View Date: 8/8/09

The State was an MTV sketch comedy program of the 1990s. Some people consider it one of the most influential sketch comedy shows of all time. It is similar to other sketch comedy shows, in that the same actors play several different parts throughout each program, and reprise favorite characters from week to week.

I never watched this when it was airing, mainly because I didn't have cable. It is now available on DVD, and I have enjoyed it immensely. It is truly amazing just how many familiar faces you see, even if you don't know the names. Reno 911 showcases many of the original State actors, but they have also written, directed, and starred in so many other movies I've seen, many of which I've reviewed here. I will watch this again, and enjoy the actors' other works.

10 words or less: Tape on your face!

No comments:

Post a Comment