Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Beautiful

View Date: 7/31/09

This movie, starring Minnie Driver and Joey Lauren Adams, is about a woman who has been trying all her life to compete in the Miss American Miss Pageant. One of the rules of the pageant is that the woman cannot be married nor have a child. So inevitably, she becomes pregnant. A deal is struck between her and her best friend that the best friend would raise the child as her own.

Several years down the line, all three are living together, and the only one working was the best friend. Unfortunately, she winds up in jail after a misunderstanding at her place of employment and it falls to the beauty queen to fill the role of mother. Things are very rocky, but of course things go well at the end.

I thought this was much funnier and cuter than I expected. I don’t know if I’d watch it again, but I’ll probably remember it for quite some time.

10 words or less: Cute movie with a good cast.

No comments:

Post a Comment