Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Blow Dry

View Date: 7/25/09

This movie is about a hair styling competition in England. There are some amazing actors in this, such as Alan Rickman and Natasha Richardson. There were a few American actors in this British flick, but only one of them used a British accent throughout the film.

I found myself laughing much more than I expected while watching this. The main story line was a little weak, but the actors brought so much to it. It could have been mundane and like many other films, but the over-the-top bad guy was played to perfection, the dying mother was heartbreaking, and the relationship between the kids was uncertain. It wasn't a spook like other movies may have devolved to, but it also wasn't the serious roles that these actors are best known for.

Overall, this was a memorable movie that I will most likely watch again.

10 words or less: A lot better than I expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment