Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Famous Dave's Barbecue

Date: 8/9/09
Location: Rte. 202, Wilmington, DE

Famous Dave's is a barbecue pit that has a wide variety of options on the menu, and even offers 5 varieties of barbecue sauce on every table.

Luckily, my husband and daughter had eaten there previously, so they were able to recommend various items to me. We agreed on the cheese potato chips for an appetizer. Prior to this arriving at our table, our waitress brought out a plate of homemade potato chips for us to sample the sauces. The cheesy chips were also homemade, with melted cheese and bacon on top.

My husband and I each got a combo platter. He got the catfish and brisket, while I got the brisket and pulled pork. Each came with two sides and corn on the cob. The cole slaw was quite tasty, but the garlic mashed potatoes were some of the best I ever had that I did not make myself. The pork was good, and my husband said the catfish was OK. The brisket, however, was the best I have ever tasted. It fell apart like pot roast, and was just as juicy. Then it was slathered in barbecue sauce, and the whole thing was simply delectable. Next time, I will probably get just a dinner of the brisket, rather than a combo platter.

I love barbecue pits, but this one surprised me with just how good it was, especially considering it is a chain. I will definitely have to go back, and I hope sooner rather than later.

10 words or less: Go for the brisket. It's sublime.

No comments:

Post a Comment