Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Blasphemy

Author: Douglas Preston
Completed: 9/4/09

This book is a story about a government experiment where a computer makes people believe it is “God”. The program had been delayed for several months, and was disgracing the government by conservative public speakers being very vocally against it. There were tensions with the local Native Americans because the workers did not support the local economy as they previously indicated they would. There is also a person who enters the group working on the project placed there by the government to report back on the progress as well as act as a liaison with the locals.

I listened to this book, and it literally took me months to finish. I really didn't enjoy this book. I thought it was very slow, not very exciting, and it just couldn't hold my attention. Usually I remember things I read, listen to, or watch very well, at least a very basic description. However, with this piece, I could barely remember what had happened the last time I was involved with it. Very disappointing.

10 words or less: Boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment