Saturday, October 10, 2009

No Country for Old Men

View Date: 9/1/09

This picture was the latest of the Coen Brothers movies when I saw it. It tells the story of a murderous man trying to get money back from someone, and the lengths that go into getting or keeping the money.

This critically acclaimed movie picked up numerous awards last year. Some people were touting it as the best movie of the year, period. I disagree. I thought it was slow, and it didn’t grab my interest. The plot was OK, but just OK. It didn’t have the same uniqueness or even the ridiculousness of Fargo, which is by far the best Coen Brothers movie I’ve seen. This movie, in its setup and gore, could have been a Tarantino movie. He would have done a much better job with the story and the characters, and there would have been a killer soundtrack to go along with it. As it was, it just didn’t work for me.

10 words or less: A Tarantino movie without the awesome soundtrack.

No comments:

Post a Comment