Sunday, October 18, 2009

Marley & Me

View Date: 10/18/09

This movie is based on the autobiographical book by the main (human) character. It chronicles the tale of his family's ownership of a frantic yellow lab, Marley. Marley was dubbed “the world's worst dog” by his family, and gets into a load of trouble routinely. Yet he is much loved, particularly by the kids who come along after the adults are trained by Marley. It covers the entire course of Marley's life, from before he goes home with them to the end of his life.

I had previously listened to this book so I knew what to expect. Of course, they had to cut out quite a chunk of the story, but it was still a very good movie. Even though I knew what to expect at the end, I was completely bawling for at least the last half hour of the film. Because of this, I had held off seeing this until I could handle the emotions better, and I was still a mess. I thought the casting was exceptional, and the picture was very well made.

10 words or less: Very good, but extremely sad ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment