Saturday, October 10, 2009

Caffeine

View Date: 10/9/09

This movie was a day in the life of a cafe in England, where all of the employees are having pretty rough days. One is waiting for a call from his publisher, while another breaks up with her cheating boyfriend. The dumped boyfriend tries to get back into his ex's life, while it is another's day to watch her institutionalized grandmother on her only day out of the hospital for the month. But the employees are not the only people in the restaurant having difficult days. You get a peek into the lives of several of the patrons and the problems they are currently dealing with.

This movie reminded me very much of Waiting with an English accent. There were some rather humorous moments, particularly involving the crazy grandmother and the visions taking place throughout the movie. Yet other times, the film dragged, and it took me quite a while to really get into the picture. Once I developed an understanding of the characters a bit more, I was able to really start to enjoy the story. I don't know if I'd watch this movie again, but I ended up enjoying it this time, and did appreciate the actors involved (Callum Blue, Breckin Meyer, Mena Suvari).

10 words or less: Just a little old lady with a shotgun. No worries.

No comments:

Post a Comment