Saturday, October 10, 2009

Why I Wore Lipstick to My Mastectomy

View Date: 10/1/09

This Lifetime movie was about a young, professional woman who discovers that, at age 27, she has breast cancer. After obtaining several opinions, she decides that she will undergo a full mastectomy with reconstruction. She chooses to wear red lipstick to her surgery as a sign of strength and empowerment, and it helps her get through the tough times of her upcoming fight against cancer.

I enjoyed this movie, even though I cried throughout most of the second half. I thought the acting was quite good for being a made-for-TV movie, and it really made me feel for the characters. I was able to relate to the situations presented, even though I have never been through cancer myself. If you want a heartwrenching story that is full of strength and courage, this movie is for you.

10 words or less: One of the better Lifetime movies I've seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment