Saturday, October 10, 2009

School of Rock

View Date: 9/3/09

Jack Black stars in this movie about a rocker who gets fired from his band, and whose roommate’s girlfriend wants to kick him out of the shared apartment unless he can come up with some rent money. As he is trying to sell his guitars, he intercepts a call for his roommate for a substitute teaching position at one of the area’s most prestigious elementary schools. Being that he has no teaching experience himself, he uses very unusual methods, which are not approved of by the principal. With the students, he creates a band, complete with roadies, backup singers, and song writers, whose ultimate goal, dubbed as a class project, is to compete at Battle of the Bands. But look out when the parents find out what he is actually doing!

I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. I had started watching it on TV one day, but was unable to watch the end. This was a fantastic role for Jack Black, and I got to see other familiar faces such as Miranda Cosgrove from iCarly and Adam Pascal from Rent. The story was believable enough to allow me to suspend my disbelief and really get into the movie. I could watch this again and again, and may become one of my well-loved flicks.

10 words or less: It’s amazing what kids can do with some questionable influence.

No comments:

Post a Comment