Sunday, June 28, 2009

Beerfest

I love this movie! Now let me be objective. This is a movie by the guys of Broken Lizard, the same ones that did Super Troopers. It is about a pair of brothers that compete in a beerfest in Germany as Team USA and fail miserably. They are run out in shame, and vow to come back and win the following year. They were totally unprepared the first year because their grandfather had never told them about their legacy in the brewing business.

After they return to the states, they start compiling their team from old college friends and the like. Then they start training. Of course, they have to be proficient in all of the classic beer games, such as quarters and beer pong. They go through trials and tribulations, find out things they really didn't want to know about their family, and get really drunk.

Everyone I know loved Super Troopers. I must say that movie is growing on me, but I still don't think it's as good as everyone says. However, I loved Beerfest from the first time I saw it. I have seen it many times since, and just grow more and more fond of it. There is humor in it for everyone, and it is a very fun way to spend a few hours.

10 words or less: Love it, love it, love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment