Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The King of Kong

View Date: 6/8/09

The King of Kong is a documentary about people who try to beat the world's highest scores on classic video games, such as Donkey Kong, Asteroid, etc. As evidenced by the title of the movie, the main focus is the players of Donkey Kong.

Now, I admit, I am a huge dork, geek, nerd, or whatever your favorite term is. But these guys go WAAAAAAY beyond me. They make me look like a social butterfly, and if you know me that's saying a lot.

I'm still trying to decide if this film was really biased against one of the players, or if the guy really is a pr**k. Based on the end of the movie as well as the where-are-they-now updates provided during the credits, I am leaning toward the latter. The classic gaming world seems to be full of cliques, with the participants being almost as catty as teenage girls. It was interesting to explore this group, but definitely glad I'm not a part of it.

10 words or less: Interesting, but possibly very biased.

No comments:

Post a Comment