Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The Jane Austen Book Club

View Date: 5/31/09

I had previously listened to the book, and thoroughly enjoyed it. It was available On Demand for free, so I suggested to my mother that we watch, and then I could take it off my Netflix queue as well. It was so much better than I remember the book being. The casting was incredible. The actors chosen totally captured the characters, and you could really feel their interactions and relationships. But I think the thing that was most surprising about the movie to me was the humor. I don't remember there being that much humor in the book. I made sure to pause and rewind to not miss a second, which is somewhat unusual for me and movies these days. While the emotional moments might be considered a little weak by some, the humor was unexpected and outstanding. I am not a fan of Jane Austen, but I did enjoy this film. I would recommend it to most women, as well as couples looking for a romantic movie yet funny enough for the guys to enjoy also.

Review in 10 words or less: Wonderful casting. Surprisingly funny. Better than the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment