Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Life Class

Author: Pat Barker
Completion Date: 6/3/09

I just finished listening to this book, and it took me a really long time to get through this. I actually had to listen to the first disk of this book more than once to try to understand it. However, once I got about half way through, once the romance really picked up, the story was much easier to understand. But I don't think that it was just the romance that improved the book, because that was actually present in the first portion. However, it really picked up more when the war came to the forefront of the story, and how that changed everyone's lives. It was especially poignant because the main characters were artists, and the changes were very dramatic for them in particular. Overall, it was OK, but I probably wouldn't recommend it to others.

10 words or less: Leave it unless you're already a fan of the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment