Friday, June 19, 2009

SYTYCD- Elimination Week 2

So, this is the first time this season that I disagree with both America and the judges. I'm sure it will not be my last.

I was kind of, no, make that very shocked that Kayla and Max were in the bottom three couples. I thought they did very well in their number on Wednesday. I figure that it was probably because of the routine, that the viewers just didn't get Brian Friedman's choreography. Either way, I figured that they were absolutely safe once the announcement was made.

After watching the solos, I felt that, no matter how much I like her, Ashley's was the weakest. Caitlin still annoys the snot out of me, but she did have a more powerful solo. Of the guys, I thought that Kupono was the weakest for his solo. Not only that, I thought that Ashley and Kupono were the weakest in their choregraphed numbers the night before as well.

So when the judges came back and announced their decisions, I wasn't surprised to see Ashley sent packing. But for the guys, I was saddened and disappointed that Max got the boot. I thought that he has been much more consistent, even looking back at the audition footage. I wouldn't say that he was my favorite dancer, but he definitely had partnering skills and I thought he did really well the past two weeks. I think the biggest problem was that his personality, that you see in the behind-the-scenes footage, wasn't showing as much in the dances. He portrayed the characters he was given brilliantly, but wasn't showing enough of himself. When I look back at previous ballroom dancers on the show, Pasha made it the farthest because of his personality. Demitri made it as far as he did mainly because women voters liked to see him shirtless. Max, although a spectacular dancer, hadn't won over the audience yet. Then again, maybe the judges didn't want to risk Kayla being in the bottom three again. Unfortunately, if that was a consideration, I think they made a mistake in keeping Kupono.

After saying all that, neither Max nor Kupono are in my top 5 guys. Those would still be Ade, Brandon, Jason, Evan, and Phillip. I'm still not too sure about the girls, especially considering they got rid of one of my favorites, but leaning toward Janette, Kayla, and Randi.

10 words or less: Bye-bye Ashley and Max. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment