Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The Simpsons Movie

View Date: 6/7/09

As a long-time fan of The Simpsons, I originally saw this movie in theaters. It was great seeing the well-known characters on the big screen, when we all knew them for almost two decades in their televised forms. The movie was essentially a super-long episode, which is exactly what most fans of The Simpsons wanted. More complicated, goofier schemes could be explored since the movie was approximately three times as long as a standard episode. This just led to more Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa, and Maggie goodness.

On a side note, when the movie was about to be released to theaters, there was a big 3D display at our local movie theater. My then 5-year-old daughter, who has been raised watching The Simpsons since birth, went over to the display and sat on the couch with the characters. She hugged Marge and Lisa, said hi to Homer and Maggie, and then punched Bart. I guess that shows which characters she likes best. Both times I have seen this, I watched it with my daughter, and both times we enjoyed it immensely.

10 words or less: Just as fun the second time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment