Friday, July 17, 2009

10 Things I Hate About You (TV show)

Air Time: Tuesday 8:00pm, ABC Family Channel
View Date: 7/7/09

This show is based on the 1999 movie of the same name starrung Heath Ledger and Julia Styles in the two lead roles. As one of the actors described, this was a reimagining of the story from the movie, with some plot points changed, particularly in the background of the characters. It retained the father from the movie, as well as the location and character names. This show, as was the movie, is an adaptation of the Shakespearean play 'The Taming of the Shrew'.

I was very skeptical going into the viewing of this show, because the movie is one of my favorites. It was better than I had feared, but I still probably won't watch it again. Because I have the movie memorized, hearing the same lines being said by the characters with different lead-up was disconcerting for me. While the acting was OK, the performances were very different with the new actors.

I think people with no prior knowledge of the movie may like this show,

10 words or less: OK, but not the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment