Friday, July 17, 2009

An Evening With Kevin Smith 2: Evening Harder

View Date: around 7/10/09

As mentioned in the title, this was the second DVD set of Q&A sessions with the director Kevin Smith. He is best known for his movies including Clerks, Mallrats, and Dogma.

Basically, Kevin Smith gets up in front of auditoriums full of people, mostly college kids, and answers their questions in a rambling sort of way. Included in the answers are other stories about his life which he was reminded about by the questions. In this particular 4-hour collection, he spoke in Toronto and London.

I had originally watched the Toronto show streaming on Netflix back in March. It was just as good as I expected, so I made sure to add the second portion, London, to my DVD queue. If anything, it was better than the first half. I am still laughing about some of the anecdotes, such as his favorite sexual euphemism and when his daughter walked in on he and his wife having sex. Many of the really cute stories involve his daughter, such as when she discovered the word 'bullshit'.

Jay and his mom were both present. I have to say, Jay gives a pretty crappy interview. I don't know if it was his history of drug abuse or his generally laid-back personality, but I enjoyed more of his antics when he wasn't actually talking.

Overall, I had yet another enjoyable evening watching Kevin Smith do what he does best.

10 words or less: A must for any Kevin Smith fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment