Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Shows I Have Stopped Watching This Summer

This won't be like my usual posts, in that I won't actually be reviewing anything. I did notice recently, however, that I have actually stopped watching several shows this summer, which is rather unusual for me. I thought I'd put together this post to summarize which ones and why.

The Secret Life of the American Teenager: This is probably the most surprising of the bunch. I had been watching this show from the very first episode, and even told several people about it. But now that the build-up about the teenage pregnancy is over and the baby has gone home with Amy, the show just couldn't hold my attention. Also, I just couldn't put up with Amy's whining and bitching any longer. After three seasons, I had to let this one go.

Make It or Break It: This show didn't live up to my expectations from the start. I didn't connect with the characters at all. The promos also made the show seem like it would be similar to the movie Stick It, but there was no humor. This one was broken for me from the beginning, even though it is being praised by critics.

10 Things I Hate About You: This one I will take full responsibility for dropping. The critics seem to absolutely love this show. I have read nothing but rave reviews, particularly regarding the young actors. I just couldn't get past the movie, both the similarities and differences.

True Blood: I started watching this show during its second season. I had originally been waiting to start this show until after I had read the books. I picked it up at the beginning of the second season, right after I finished the first book. Turns out, that was both a good thing and a bad thing. It was good in that I wasn't completely lost. It was bad because I realized just how much they changed. I was very confused and disappointed because of the changes. And the books are just so much better than the show. I am glad that I gave this show a try, as I am now able to put faces to the characters in the books. But no matter how much I love vampire stories, I won't be going back to this one except in book form.

10 words or less: A few have fallen by the wayside. Who's next?

No comments:

Post a Comment