Monday, July 27, 2009

Shortbus

View Date: 7/17/09

This film by John Cameron Mitchell is about the lives of 6 New Yorkers as they explore their sex lives and preferences. All aspects of love and sex are explored, particularly with the help of the underground club Shortbus.

John Cameron Mitchell always pushes the limits of art with his movies. In this, he chose not to simulate any of the sex scenes, of which there were many. And you name it, it was in there.

I watched this movie mainly because I heard how shocking and edgy it was. Honestly, I thought that it was also a fairly interesting story as well. The graphic sex was used to explore the various issues the main characters are having. I also found the backstory video very interesting, perhaps even more so than the movie itself. Overall, a fairly good movie.

10 words or less: I'll watch anything by John Cameron Mitchell.

No comments:

Post a Comment