Sunday, July 5, 2009

Manchild

This was a British series that can generally be classified as Sex in the City with 50 year old men in London. Two characters are playing divorced men, another is a perpetual bachelor, and the fourth has been married for over 25 years. It never really caught on, and therefore there are only 7 episodes.

I watched it mainly for Anthony Head, who played Giles on the Buffy the Vampire series. However, he was probably my least favorite part of the show. It could just be the way the character was written, but I really enjoyed the other 3 men much more.

I had seen a few episodes prior to this viewing and was not hugely impressed. This time, I did have a few more laughs, but it still wasn't as good as I had hoped. This was, overall, definitely not the best British show I have seen, and doesn't come anywhere close.

10 words or less: If looking for British humor, go elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment