Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Make It or Break It

This is a new show on ABC Family about the lives of a series of elite gymnasts. The circumstances in one gym are turned completely upside-down when a new gymnast, who happens to be on scholarship and was discovered at her local YMCA, beats out one of the usual girls for a spot on the Nationals team.

I'm really not sure about this show. I realize I've only watched the first two episodes, but it really isn't drawing me in. Last night, I was more compelled to take a phone call and watch a movie than tune in to this show.

Perhaps I expected more humor from this series. Unfortunately, the only funny parts of the show aren't actually meant to be funny. And the parts that are meant to be dramatic only make me want to smack one of the girls for being so selfish and snotty. In the first episode, this particular character had failed in her own routines and purposely sabotaged the new girl. Now I realize that this is only a TV show and that it is a work of fiction, but these types of things happen in real life and have killed young girls. Not the kind of thing I would think this channel would want to air.

10 words or less: Make It or Break It? Definitely broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment