Monday, July 27, 2009

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

View Date: 7/18/09

This is the sixth movie in the Harry Potter series, which goes along with the sixth book. The story gives much of the history of Voldemort, as well as expresses the danger now being encountered by the good guys. The movie also started to really explore teenage romances, with the main characters either becoming involved in romances or determining their feelings.

The makers of the movie obviously had to cut out a lot of the story to make this two and a half hour movie. However, I feel like they cut out some crucial parts and majorly changed others. On the good side, the action sequences were really well done. Also, I thought the movie was actually funnier than the book.

I may be a huge HP fan, but I don't totally obsess about what was changed between the book and the movie. I can appreciate the movies for their entertainment value. While I was disappointed with parts of this movie, I can appreciate the good and take the bad.

10 words or less: Can't wait until the final movies come out.

No comments:

Post a Comment