Friday, July 10, 2009

Up 3D

View Date: 6/20/09

This movie is Pixar's latest endeavor, and the animation definitely showed it. As always with Pixar, the movie was excellent, although not exactly what I expected.

This movie was absolutely gutwrenching. I basically cried through the whole movie, with only minor breaks in the middle for a few smiles. I had been told that Up was a tearjerker, and I guess in my overly- emotional state I was completely overwhelmed.

As far as the 3D graphics, I could have lived without them. There were a few good effects at the beginning, but they kind of petered out by the middle. While the 3D was still there at the end, they weren't as obvious as they were at the beginning.

Overall, I thought it was another Pixar success. I could have lived without the 3D, but the film was nicely done. I probably won't see it again anytime soon, but not because of the quality of the film. I just don't think there are enough tissues in the world.

10 words or less: Well done, but very sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment